Tobacco Media Group (TMG) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kretek that owns and operates Tobacco Business magazine and an industry trade show; Tobacco Plus Expo (TPE) in Las Vegas. TPE is a small but mighty team of hard working fun loving individuals who are invested in this trade shows success and longevity. TPE was won Fastest 50 growing trade shows for three years in a row by Trade Show Executive Magazine. We have seen substantial growth and momentum over the past couple of years and TPE was the first trade back to the LVCC in 2021 and we haven’t missed a show yet!
TPE is looking for a passionate individual who loves trade shows and wants to invest in their future. To ensure success as a trade show coordinator, you should possess excellent project management skills, be highly organized and execute confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities. A top-notch trade show coordinator has the versatility to wear many hats and the ability to problem-solve under pressure.
- Sponsorship Fulfillment
- Identify and manage all aspects for sponsorship fulfillment
- Coordinate pre-show / onsite collection of physical items to fulfill sponsorships
- Coordinate with vendors all pre-show and onsite sponsorship planning and fulfillment.
- Gather competitive proposals and negotiate with potential vendors for cost savings
- Collaborate to Compile Event Specs & Prepare Entire Event Schedule
- Pre-show and Onsite execution of pavilion fulfillment
- Educational sessions:
- Manage all speaker information and requirements
- Work with moderators/speakers onsite
- Keep accurate track of education schedule
- Assist with development of AV requirements for educational sessions
- Other Duties
- Updating registration for current year’s show and testing sites for performance
- Lead and track staff and speaker badges
- Keep track of staff, speaker and vendor hotel rooms as needed
- Create a temp schedule for the different areas of the show where needed
- Create the EOB’s for the show floor and educational areas as needed
- As part of the events team you will assist with our presence at other trade shows
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in event/ tradeshow planning and execution.
- Organized, project manager, with the ability to independently problem solve
- Learn proficiently in a2z/Personify for reporting, setting up of products and sales functions.
- Energetic, upbeat, team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal skills that have resulted in trusting and rewarding business relationships
Ability to sit for extended periods. The ability to lift 25lb regularly and occasionally up to 50lbs.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The position currently has no people supervisory responsibility
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be added at any time per business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.