Kretek International is America’s #1 importer, marketer and distributor of specialty tobacco products, including high-end cigars, tobacco and vaping products with such well-known brands as Djarum, Djeep and Voodoo. Founded over 30 years ago, we continue to grow and constantly seek talented employees who can help us do that.
For more information, please visit: http://www.Kretek.com
Phillips & King, International – a Kretek Company – is the wholesale distribution arm of Kretek International that sells primarily to small and medium sized single-stores and retail chains throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
For more information, please visit: http://www.PhillipsAndKing.com
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Tax and Compliance Specialist will work along with the Tax Accounting Executive team to ensure compliance with all tax programs. The Tax Compliance Specialist is expected to be familiar with programs within a B2B E-Commerce environment and have experience working in Retail companies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- File Excise Tax returns and for refunds in all States or tax jurisdictions.
- Research various state tax laws using Internet.
- Create/Issue purchase orders for cigarettes stamps.
- General business administration duties.
- Additional tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree preferred and/or AA degree with 2 years of experience.
- 2 + years of tax and compliance experience or 2 + years of experience in a highly regulated industry.
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Windows/Office environment.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to execute and complete projects in a timely manner. Must be highly organized, detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task and perform within specific deadlines.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports and/or SQL Server reporting environment a definite plus.
- Other experiences:
- Purchasing experience
- Inventory knowledge
- Time management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply