About Phillips & King
Phillips & King, a subsidiary of Kretek International, Inc., distributes thousands of diverse products to independent and small chain convenience, tobacco and liquor retailers across the U.S.. Phillips & King is pioneering a complete digital transformation of its business designed to help retail stores more easily discover and stock the products their customers crave. Built on the belief that the future of all B2B wholesale e-commerce is digital, we’ll use our new web platform to connect the diverse community of over 150,000 independent convenience retailers with an “endless aisle” of products they need to sell and thrive. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join our team.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Magento Engineer to work on our Magento 2/Adobe Commerce ecommerce platform. Our product squads collaborate to solve problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business. The engineer must contribute a solid understanding of Magento architecture, eCommerce business, and software engineering. Engineers are included early in the discovery process, participate in qualitative and quantitative customer research, and are relied on to be the greatest source of innovation.
As a hybrid work-from-home position, the applicant must have proximity to Franklin, TN or Moorpark, CA and the ability to attend onsite meetings any time during the work week.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years developing web applications
- 2+ years deploying sophisticated Magento 2.x web applications
- Strong understanding of the Magento system architecture, design, theming, functionality enhancements, configuration
- Experience with (and an appreciation of) Agile Methodologies, specifically Kanban.
- Experience extending or customizing Magento Enterprise
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of APIs including building of custom endpoints
- Experience with Sales Force, Mirakl, drop-shipping and complex taxation & payment structures a plus.
- Physical Requirements:
○ Ability to sit for extended periods. The ability to lift 25lb regularly and occasionally up to 50lbs.
○ The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
- Supervisory Responsibility:
○ The position currently has no people supervisory responsibility.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be added at any time per business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.