Established in 1906, Phillips & King, International – a Kretek International, Inc. Subsidiary – is the wholesale distributor of specialty tobacco, vapor, alternative and lifestyle accessories primarily to small and medium sized single-stores and retail chains throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
Kretek subsidiaries also include Kretek Canada, publisher - Tobacco Business International and event management company - TMG International.
For more information, please visit: http://www.PhillipsAndKing.com
Phillips & King International is currently seeking to hire a Junior Buyer who will be purchasing a variety of products from various vendors, and manage inventory to ensure optimum stock levels to deliver great customer satisfaction and maximize inventory turnover. The Junior Buyer will support the effort in creating a culture of continuous improvement that facilitates effective problem solving, process and product improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services.
- Purchases materials, supplies and services at the most favorable terms for the organization.
- Track purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information.
- Analyze and manage stock levels for your assigned products and vendors.
- Obtain and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for raw materials, supplies, equipment, and services necessary for the operation of the organization.
- Communicate lead times, delays, exceptions, freight costs, delivery options, and order confirmations to our sales and management teams.
- Nurture and strengthen our relationships with vendors and their representatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office Suite or related software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in related field require
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in related field required
- Travel may be required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be added at any time per business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply