Kretek International is America’s #1 importer, marketer and distributor of specialty tobacco products, including high-end cigars, tobacco and vaping products with such well-known brands as Djarum, Djeep and Voodoo. Founded over 30 years ago, we continue to grow and constantly seek talented employees who can help us do that.
For more information, please visit: http://www.Kretek.com
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Kretek International, Inc. is currently seeking an experience Human Resources Assistant. Ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience on the field and be bilingual in Spanish. The candidate should be professional, organized and energetic who possesses superb interpersonal skills. The candidate will provide administrative support in all general, HR functions of the department. These functions may include recruiting and employment, records management, reports, employee relations, training and development, performance management, workers’ compensation, leaves of absences, benefits, payroll and meeting/event planning. This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and administers the new hire onboarding process, which includes new hire and benefit orientations.
- Compiles and maintains personnel, medical, I-9 and EEO records.
- Maintains HR files by updating employee pay information, job code data, status changes, address changes, terminations, and other related employment matters. Coordinates any changes with the payroll department and benefits administrator as applicable.
- Assists in recruiting efforts by posting new job openings, sourcing resumes, conducting preliminary screening of applicants via phone, scheduling interviews, sending rejection letters and, initiating background process.
- Process new hires in Paycom system.
- Process Open Enrollment and new hire insurance enrollment.
- Process employee requests for change in health or life insurance coverage as a result of a qualifying event, name change or transfer.
- Keep track of temporary personal timecards and agencies invoices.
- Handles all forms of incoming and outgoing mail and responds where needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Possess positive, can-do attitude with high level of dedication and collaborative spirit
- Help with the organization of Company Events.
- Support Legal department: office admin duties such as filing, copying, scanning, correspondence, memos, scheduling appointments and any communication with counsel related to the department.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations related to HR, including EEO, FLSA, FMLA, and CFRA with the ability to manage and communicate such laws to associates.
- Ability to be an effective team player and handle project assignments responsibly
- Ability to multitask and self-initiative.
- Previous administrative experience desired.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet
- Bilingual in Spanish is a must.
- Experience with Payroll systems such Paycom.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Strong customer service orientation focused on urgency and results.
- Excellent planning, organization, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Human Resources Assistant.
Ability to sit for extended periods. The ability to lift 25lb regularly and occasionally up to 50lbs.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The position currently has no people supervisory responsibility
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be added at any time per business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply