Kretek International is America’s #1 importer, marketer and distributor of specialty tobacco products, including high-end cigars, tobacco and vaping products with such well-known brands as Djarum, Djeep and Voodoo. Founded over 30 years ago, we continue to grow and constantly seek talented employees who can help us do that.
For more information, please visit: http://www.Kretek.com
Phillips & King, International – a Kretek Company – is the wholesale distribution arm of Kretek International that sells primarily to small and medium sized single-stores and retail chains throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
For more information, please visit: http://www.PhillipsAndKing.com
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Kretek International, Inc. is currently seeking a highly skilled and dynamic designer with print, web experience. Ideal candidate will create innovative concepts and designs that are inventive, visually appealing, effective at translating verbal messages to visual ones, and satisfy all marketing objectives.
The candidate has strong background with branding, packaging, promotions, infographics and user interfaces for web and mobile platforms. Candidate will be well versed in all things visual as well as interactive. To be considered you must be able to translate the look and feel of a brand visually and interactively, and be a multi-talented designer focused on creating sustainable and highly usable designs across multiple platforms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design branding, packaging, promotions, catalogs, websites, and keynote/powerpoint presentations.
- Ideal candidate will have strong concept and design skills with a thorough understanding of layout, type and color.
- Produce responsive websites and mobile interfaces, special projects, banners, email blasts and understand best practices.
- Translate established marketing strategies into clear, concise, appealing visuals that are consistent with a brand image
- Prioritize workload and manage multiple projects efficiently to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Be proactive about troubleshooting potential problems
- Extreme flexibility, ability to switch gears quickly and reprioritize projects on the fly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Have ability to write copy and edit when necessary.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Possess positive, can-do attitude with high level of dedication and collaborative spirit
- Designer will work in a team-oriented, fast pace environment.
- Ability to design with implementation in mind, including strong knowledge of information architecture, file size & compression issues, and the fundamentals of web usability
- Knowledge of current web standards, optimization techniques and best practices including and an understanding of responsive design.
- Experience building prototypes and wire-frames
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Excellent design capability with an eye for detail and execution
- An eye for clean, creative layouts and designs suitable for corporate industries
- Demonstrated trait as a self-starter and desire to change designs for the better
- Strong verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Bachelor degree in Design is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Graphic Designer with Web Experience.
The following skills are preferred:
- Expert proficiency with Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), HTML5, Responsive Design, WordPress, CSS.
- Online Portfolio Must Be Submitted with Resume for Consideration
Ability to sit for extended periods. The ability to lift 25lb regularly and occasionally up to 50lbs.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The position currently has no people supervisory responsibility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply