About the Kretek Family of Companies
Kretek International is America’s leading importer, marketer, and distributor of innovative tobacco products and specialty lifestyle accessories. Phillips & King, a Kretek Company, is the DSD distribution arm of Kretek International that sells to independent and small chain retailers across the U.S. and its territories, also the owner of Tobacco plus Expo, the largest B2B tradeshow in the industry. Phillips & King is launching a major transformation effort to a digital first future including go to market, ecommerce revamp and launching of a customer centric online B2B marketplace serving independent convenience, tobacco and liquor retailers built on the belief that the future of B2B commerce is digital.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
About the Role
We are looking for a candidate to support financial planning and analysis (FP&A) in the marketing department for forecasting, tracking and analyzing all related marketing, ecommerce and tradeshow budgeting.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as liaison with accounting department especially the A/P team.
- Help analyze trade marketing spend and assist in developing tracking dashboards.
- Assist with monitoring and tracking spend mid-month to ensure proper budget targets.
- Track all financial commitments including contracts and POs and ensure on time vendor payment.
- Assist in P&L planning and forecasting of all new projects.
- Work with accounting and tradeshow teams to update tradeshow budget and invoicing to exhibitors (Microsoft Dynamics GP).
- Attend weekly budget meetings with marketing/sales team and department heads.
- Review Trade Show Magazine finance by reviewing invoices, billing, collections and accounts payable related to the magazine.
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Finance Analyst.
The following skills are required:
- Strong understanding of accounting rules and fundamentals.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to self-motivate. You must exhibit a growth mentality and a desire to build organizations and best in class processes.
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills a must. (Pivot tables and cubes)
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus.
- Experience in excise tax is preferred, but not a must.
Ability to sit for extended periods. The ability to lift 25lb regularly and occasionally up to 50lbs.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The position currently has no people supervisory responsibility
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be added at any time per business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply