Job Title: Category Business Analyst
Purpose of Job:
Leads the procurement and analysis of Phillips & King’s sales and data requirements. Using a range of syndicated and non-syndicated data sources, candidate will synthesize and provide category analysis, identify trends and opportunities and provide actionable insights to advance the business. This position supports the creation of sales presentations with industry data, sales trends and category insights. Provides support to business planning, trade funds management and post event analysis. Leads the development and ongoing management of sales reporting using syndicated and customer data feeds.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads the development, design and generation of standard periodic reports that clearly provide snapshots of POS, incorporate commentary that highlights key findings.
- Analyze data from multiple data sources including; syndicated data e.g. Nielsen AOD, warehouse withdrawals suppliers e.g. MSAI, and demand indexes e.g. Spectra, customer data sources, and Phillips & King’s own shipment to then provide actionable insights to grow the business.
- Manages monthly reporting and disperse to key stakeholders such as Phillips & King sales teams, marketing teams, internal teams and senior leadership as required.
- Track new item sell-in, shipments and performance in market. Also track progress against market based sales deliverables and goals.
- Manage multiple priorities and being able to manage deadlines and deliverables.
- Assists in the post promotional analysis by providing sell through tracking and conducting preliminary ROI analysis.
- Manages POS data extraction from retailers and syndicated data sources to be incorporated in Phillips & King’s business intelligence platform.
- Apply category management understanding by employing tools to grow distribution, space and optimized assortment, to include assisting in the sku rationalization process, and pricing analysis.
- Develop insights and transpose them into presentations using Power Point for management, including graphical representation of data and trends.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or greater
3+ years of CPG or related industry experience in analytics, to include syndicated data suppliers such as Nielsen or IRI.
- Proficient storytelling in displaying data and/or concepts in clear, visually-appealing ways
- Advanced Excel (formulas, macros, pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Analytical, detail oriented and deadline driven, able to prioritize, multi-task and maintain accuracy
- Experience with syndicated data such as Nielsen or IRI and databases systems is preferred
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Customer service mindset to ensure internal/external partners receive quality support
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong desire for learning and building a solid career foundation
Overnight stays 5 -10%
General office environment, ability to sit for long periods. Ability to move about the office.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is negligible. Office type jobs and conditions.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
At this time no direct people responsibility
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply