PURPOSE OF JOB:
Kretek International, and its subsidiary, Phillips & King, is America’s #1 importer, marketer, and distributor of innovative tobacco, e-cigarettes, and specialty lifestyle accessories.
The Associate Brand Manager is a member of the Marketing team, responsible for supporting Kretek’s brand strategy and product development initiatives across all markets, categories and regions. Major responsibilities include marketing strategy and tactical execution, marketing campaign management, new product roll-outs, merchandising programs, sales analysis, sales communication and cross-functional collaboration with internal and external partners.
This role will collaborate across functions and regions to ensure brand success. Candidate must possess a full understanding of their product line and the ability to formulate and execute a marketing strategy necessary to support the brand, both consumer facing and for the selling organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES:
- Marketing Management. Leads the development and management of the annual marketing plan and sales goals for assigned brand(s), including forecasting, pricing strategy, product launches, channel strategy (wholesale, retail, online), packaging, promotions, advertising campaigns, trade shows and sales communications. Collaborates with internal marketing teams and external agencies (Advertising, PR, Digital, and Consumer Promotions) to ensure on-time and on-budget execution of the marketing plan from strategy development through detailed tactical execution.
- Brand Management. Helps maintain consistent and compelling brand communications across all marketing initiatives. Collaborates with external agencies and internal Design Department to create compelling packaging, collateral, promotional materials, advertising, media plans, online content and web marketing necessary to achieve goals. Ensure adherence to the brand and trademark guidelines.
- New Product Launches. Project management and coordination for all new product launches and/or changes, working with internal departments to execute campaigns.
- Business & Financial Accountability. Track/report on business results using internal and reported quantitative reporting tools including KPIs and performance to sales plan and budget. Assist in developing and managing pricing strategies/tactics, TPRs and allowances; collaborating with Customer Marketing to deploy trade programs that support financial goals. Has a responsibility to stay within the budget provided Management.
- Sales Management. Work with Customer Marketing and Sales to plan and execute annual marketing programs (consumer and trade), trade shows/events, training and promotions. Ensure compliance and grow business within each channel of distribution while fostering relationships with the sales team, brokers and/or distributors. Support field requests and account development as appropriate. Lead and orchestrate end-to-end brand experience at trade shows, collaborating with Events team, in order to support brand positioning and sales goals.
- Market & Customer Insights. Leverage consumer insight through available data sources (including syndicated data) to monitor state of business including distribution, brand share, promotional effectiveness, and category trends. Perform in-market visits to observe/formulate market and brand insight while forging relationships with outside sales staff and key accounts.
- Digital & Direct Marketing. Primary lead on all web-related and social media marketing efforts including the development and management of web properties including djarumcigar.com. Leads content development efforts for primary website and microsites and all outbound email marketing initiatives. Tasked with engaging and building loyalty among adult smokers through ongoing relationship management program including couponing and other direct marketing tactics.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of brand marketing experience in CPG (consumer packaged goods); tobacco business experience a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience building and expanding a brand or category and solid understanding all of the following areas: advertising, promotions, point-of-sale marketing, PR
- Strong organizational skills along with excellent oral, written and presentation skills a must
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet content management
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Tobacco / OTP / E-Vaping experience a plus
- Convenience Store Channel experience
- Nielsen – Working knowledge / interpretation skills
Some travel required. Overnight stays 10 -15%
General office environment, ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to move about the office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply