Kretek International is America’s #1 importer, marketer and distributor of specialty tobacco products, including high-end cigars, tobacco with such well-known brands as Djarum, Cuban Rounds, Dryft and Djeep. Founded over 30 years ago, we continue to grow and constantly seek talented employees who can help us do that.
For more information, please visit: http://www.Kretek.com
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Account Manager will lead and manage Kretek International sales strategies for key accounts within a defined high-level sales territory consisting of multiple states. The candidate will be focused in distributors and small chains accounts.
Products Sold: Tobacco Products and “OTP” Other Tobacco Products within the category.
This position ideally to be headquartered in MO, KS, MN, NE or IL with a close proximity to any Regional airport. The market area covers the Central Plains/Midwest.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains business relationships with strategic regional chains and national distributors within a high-level sales territory. Interaction with customers achieved through business correspondence, physical visits, and presentations and through field market visits to assess opportunities.
- Ability to interpret and understand sales reports and syndicated data for use in sales presentations.
- Ability to accept strategic guidance from Director of National Sales, Sales Director and headquarter leadership against specific geographic area and specific account opportunities.
- Possess the ability to coordinate and work closely cross functionally with the Retail Sales Manager to execution retail chain store initiatives for point of sale execution in specific accounts/markets.
- Consistently provide local and chain market feedback to all leadership to help drive business decision/strategies.
- Plans and supports all Trade Shows within market area and will assist as needed in others territories with Chain coverage or Trade Shows as requested.
- Responds to all reporting requests, weekly summaries, quarterly reports and other detailed reports as required.
- May require up to 75% travel, mostly within a multiple state defined territory, able to store POS/samples/displays.
- Valid Driver’s License and insurance required.
- Associates or Bachelor degree preferred.
- 5 + years of CPG sales experience preferably in a tobacco sales environment, 2 years of distribution channel sales experience.
- Excellent analytical skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suites software, excellent writing skills, excellent math aptitude.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis on disability.Apply