Job Title: Sales Account Executive
Kretek International is America’s #1 importer, marketer, and distributor of specialty tobacco, vapor and lifestyle accessories and distributes its products to over 60,000 convenience chain, drug, gas, liquor and independent stores in the U.S. and Canada. Tobacco Media Group (TMG) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kretek that owns and operates Tobacco Business magazine and an industry trade show; Tobacco Plus Expo (TPE) in Las Vegas. The Sales Account Executive, based either Moorpark, CA or Raleigh, NC, will be responsible for developing and selling advertising/sponsorships to clients.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with the ability to identify and close business across our diverse event and media properties. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a team player and is hungry to prove their potential.
- Collaborate with Managing Director and Marketing Operations Manager (and other stakeholders) to conceive and develop advertising and sponsorship packages for presenting to prospective exhibitors/advertisers across all company properties
- Responsible for negotiating and selling exhibit space, sponsorships, print advertising and digital products across all company properties within a designated territory and/or segment
- Maintain and grow established business and develop new business and existing account opportunities through prospecting and high cold calling daily volumes
- Conduct sales campaigns as assigned by the Marketing Operations Manager
- Develop and cultivate long lasting client relationships with various business levels (business owners, marketing directors, brand managers, etc.)
- Meet individual and team sales quotas and sales activity requirements as assigned by the Managing Director and/or Marketing Operations Manager
- Works closely with internal colleagues and stakeholders to identify and create opportunities for cross- company collaboration in events and across media.
- Maintain integrity of floor plans and adhere to Floor Plan Guides and Standards
- Provide database entry and maintenance—code, update history and relevant fields in the contact management system
- Assist accounting with collections, as needed
- Identify product categories / market segments to grow sales through greater market insight and enhances our marketing tactics to ensure we exceed budgeted revenue targets.
- Update the team on regularly scheduled conference calls to report sales progress, review strategic roadmap and generate new ideas, tactics and strategies to grow sales.
- Manage the full sales-cycle including; prospecting, fact-finding, presenting, negotiating and closing key agency and brand accounts
- Manage and generate revenue from developmental sales list
- React to inbound customer requests via phone and online
- Use phone and email to develop relationships for long-term growth
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years tradeshow and/or trade advertising sales experience with demonstrated results; experience in the e-media/digital space a strong plus
- Ambitious, consultative sales background and experience with a professional demeanor
- Customer service and phone sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to simultaneously run multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM (Zoho.com, etc.) and database experience
- Ability to travel (10%-15%) throughout the year
If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization, we would enjoy speaking with you about the opportunities available to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.