Job Title: Retail Sales Representative – AL-GA-TN
Kretek International is America’s #1 importer, marketer and distributor of specialty tobacco products, including high-end cigars, tobacco and vaping products with such well-known brands as Djarum, Djeep and Voodoo. Founded over 30 years ago, we continue to grow and constantly seek talented employees who can help us do that.
For more information, please visit: http://www.Kretek.com
Phillips & King, International – a Kretek Company – is the wholesale distribution arm of Kretek International that sells primarily to small and medium sized single-stores and retail chains throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
For more information, please visit: http://www.PhillipsAndKing.com
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Kretek International, Inc. currently has one job opening position as a Retail Sales Representative that will cover the following regions: Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL and Nashville, TN area. Ideally the candidate should live within these three cities. The Retail Sales Representative will be selling and servicing Kretek International products in retail stores. Position will require special project work that may cross over into another territory on an ad hoc basis. The role locally sells in and/or implements approved new distribution, promotion execution and merchandising products to include placing point of sale material POS. The role requires having the ability to sell utilizing provided data to influence on our behalf.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selling and servicing Kretek International products in retail stores in assigned geography.
- Plans for weekly and monthly retail calls ensuring proper tools and resources accompany your workweek to include POS material and retail chain priorities.
- Make retail store calls adhering to Kretek’s retail call steps, the recording retail conditions and recapping work achieved.
- Sell or influence to improved and/or optimizes Djarum’s (and other KI brands) retail positioning. Always striving at add items, improve shelf positioning and place POS.
- Handling all administrative aspects of the job to include travel plans, and expense reports
Report competitive activity to Retail Operations Manager and relevant account representatives
- College degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Experience in CPG and/or tobacco sales is a plus
The following skills are preferred:
- Good planning, organizing and time management skills
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) experience
- Good oral, written and presentation skills
- Customer service mindset to ensure internal/external partners receive quality support
- Good driving record with no DUI within the past 3 years
- Strong desire for learning and building a solid career foundation
Estimated overnight stays 75%
Ability to sit for extended periods driving an automobile. The ability to lift 25lb regularly and occasionally up to 50lbs.
Field Sales, in market working with retail representatives and/or making store calls.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The position currently has no people supervisory responsibility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply