Job Title: Retail Operations Manager - West
Purpose of Job:
The Retail Operations Manager leads and oversees the Western retail execution of Kretek International retail priorities. The tobacco category is a retail intensive industry and the role is an important piece in ensuring our brands retail priorities are being executed in our top 100 c-store chains and alternate channels. The role will have a team of territory representatives that he/she coordinates and prioritizes their efforts while engaging with key outside sales stakeholders to ensure key priorities are being executed. This position supports the creation of POS that meets brand marketing messaging and facilitates retail space initiatives. The role relays key competitive insight to outside sales teams and internal business teams. The ideal candidate should live either in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver and/or Las Vegas area.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruits, interviews, trains, manages and provides direction to Kretek’s retail sales team in support of company distribution and merchandising goals and objectives.
- Develop necessary retail sales processes to ensure maximum efficiency and transparency for key stakeholders to include; retail call steps, recording retail conditions and recapping work achieved.
- Oversees and manages appropriate routing and call coverages of retail accounts to insure proper execution of distribution and merchandising objectives by territory while balancing costs.
- Maintains records needed to manage the operations of the team and timely reporting of retail store distribution and merchandising activities
- Analyzes the needs in regard to business building opportunities and develops execution plans. Opportunities may support chain account initiatives, brand priorities and/or sales goals.
- Lead the creation process of sales tools to improve effectiveness. Sales tools to include corporately supplied POS, and sell sheets.
- Role connects with key sales stakeholders to ensure priorities are being accounted for in the development of monthly, quarterly and annual retail plans.
- Works in market with retail sales team to ensure expectations are being met along with supporting the proper motivation of the team.
- The role also has a local retail territory and is accountable for coverage the execution of its priorities
Bachelors Degree or relevant work experience
Minimum 3 years experience CPG and/or tobacco sales including field sales and/or management
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills
- Leadership, coaching, judgement and teamwork
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) experience
- Analytical, detail oriented and deadline driven, able to prioritize, multi-task and maintain accuracy
- Experience with syndicated data such as Nielsen or IRI and/or MSA
- Good oral, written and presentation skills
- Customer service mindset to ensure internal/external partners receive quality support
- Good driving record with no DUI within the past 3 years
- Strong desire for learning and building a solid career foundation
Estimated overnight stays 75%
Ability to sit for extended periods driving an automobile. The ability to lift 25lb regularly and occasionally up to 50lbs.
Field Sales, in market working with retail representatives and/or making store calls.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
Currently will manage 3-6 territory representatives
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply