Job Title: P&K New Business Development Representative
PURPOSE OF JOB:
We are looking for a talented and competitive New Business Development Representative that thrives in a call center quick sales cycle environment.
What does a New Business Development Representative do?
A New Business Development Representative will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives by calling qualified leads and obtaining new customers. You must be comfortable making upwards of 65 plus of calls per day, calling new customers from assigned lists, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and obtaining a completed new business application plus any qualifying documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The New Business Development Representative sources new customer Business Development opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails and inbound lead follow-up
- The New Business Development Representative develops and maintains a reasonable knowledge of all company products and product lines
- The New Business Development Representative uses scripted questions and queries to develop an understanding of a new customer’s needs and requirements
- The New Business Development Representative qualifies leads to present appropriate company literature and catalogs and set follow up appointments to close new Business Development.
- The new Business Development Representative is familiar with all necessary licenses, credit information and the P&K application necessary to open an account
- The New Business Development Representative manages a smooth transition to the Customer Service Team
- The New Business Development Representative achieves monthly and quarterly quotas
- The New Business Development Representative will be responsible for tracking their success and seeking help and guidance from the team lead as necessary. They will route issues to the appropriate department. They will follow up on requests to make sure they are completed and the customer is ready to make orders.
- The New Business Development Representative will be responsible to continue to polish their sales skills and product knowledge by attending vendor presentations, researching on their own and attending trainings and seminars
- Proven inside sales telephone cold calling experience and technique
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing 60 plus calls per day
- People person- friendly demeanor- this is really important!
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to swiftly learn, adapt and apply new ideas and concepts
- Experience working with a CRM
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in the field
- MS word, outlook and excel proficient.
- Strong time management: Ability to multi-task, prioritize, schedule and manage time effective
General office environment, ability to sit for long periods.
Some travel is requiredApply