Job Title: JR accountant/Payroll
Kretek International is America’s #1 importer, marketer and distributor of specialty tobacco products, including high-end cigars, tobacco and vaping products with such well-known brands as Djarum, Djeep and Voodoo. Founded over 30 years ago, we continue to grow and constantly seek talented employees who can help us do that.
For more information, please visit: http://www.Kretek.com
Phillips & King, International – a Kretek Company – is the wholesale distribution arm of Kretek International that sells primarily to small and medium sized single-stores and retail chains throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
For more information, please visit: http://www.PhillipsAndKing.com
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The JR Accountant/Payroll interacts with the Controller-Accounting Dept. and HR department. supporting various tasks. Tasks to include monthly closing duties and processing bi-monthly payroll.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and support the Controller with monthly closing of the books for various companies.
- Maintain records for Insurance, Pension, Property Tax, and Payroll.
- Reconcile monthly credit cards, bank accounts, and petty cash.
- Assist in preparing financial reports for upper management.
- Process semi-monthly transfer of payroll data to Paycom.
- Reconcile Medical/Insurance billings back to payroll system.
- Compile payroll and process data such as garnishments, vacation time, and insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Verify electronic time clocks (Paycom system) and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks.
- Additional tasks and duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent, some college preferred (emphasis in accounting or bookkeeping).
- 2 + years of experience with Payroll systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites software (intermediate level excel preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Payroll software preferably Paycom system.
- Knowledge of accounting Great Plains software is a plus.
- Able to execute and complete projects in a timely manner
- Able to work both independently and part of a team
- Must be able maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to mult-task and be willing to work weekends if necessary to complete work by deadline.
- Planning, organization, and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate PC, phone, miscellaneous office equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply