Job Title: P&K New Business Development Executive
Kretek International is America’s #1 importer, marketer and distributor of specialty tobacco products, including high-end cigars, tobacco and vaping products with such well-known brands as Djarum, Djeep and Voodoo. Founded over 30 years ago, we continue to grow and constantly seek talented employees who can help us do that.
For more information, please visit: http://www.Kretek.com
Phillips & King, International – a Kretek Company – is the wholesale distribution arm of Kretek International that sells primarily to small and medium sized single-stores and retail chains throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
For more information, please visit: http://www.PhillipsAndKing.com
PURPOSE OF JOB:
We are looking for a talented and competitive New Business Development Executive that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment.
What does a New Business Development Executive do?
A New Business Development Executive will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making upwards of 65 plus of calls per day, calling new and inactive customers from assigned lists, generating interest, qualifying prospects obtaining qualifying documentation, and closing sales.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The New Business Development Executive sources new customer Business Development opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails and inbound lead follow-up
- The New Business Development Executive pursues and re-activates past customer to fully active status
- The New Business Development Executive develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all company products and product lines
- The New Business Development Executive uses scripted questions and queries to develop an understanding of a new customer’s needs and requirements
The New Business Development Executive qualifies leads to presents appropriate company literature and catalogs and sets follow up appointments to close new Business Development.
- The new Business Development Executive obtains all necessary licenses, credit information and the appropriate fully completed application to open the new Business Development
- The New Business Development Executive obtains and closes the first new Business Development order
- The New Business Development Executive manages a smooth transition and introduction of the new account to the assigned Account Manager
- The New Business Development Executive achieves monthly and quarterly quotas
- The New Business Development Executive will be responsible for tracking their success and seeking help and guidance from the team lead as necessary. They will route issues to the appropriate department. They will follow up on requests to make sure they are completed and the customer is taken care of
- The New Business Development Executive will be responsible to continue to polish their sales skills and product knowledge by attending vendor presentations, researching on their own and attending trainings and seminars
- Proven inside sales cold calling experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing 60 plus calls per day
- People person- friendly demeanor- this is really important!
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to swiftly learn, adapt and apply new ideas and concepts
- Experience working with a CRM
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in the field
- MS word, outlook and excel proficient.
- Strong time management: Ability to multi-task, prioritize, schedule and manage time effective
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- General office environment, ability to sit for long periods.
- Some travel is required